📝 We’d like to start off with a few notes to take into account:
- Trading 212 has been profitable every single year since its founding 20 years ago.
- We have no debt and maintain solid cash reserves.
- Offering free fractional share dealing is cost-effective for us because we have already invested significantly in infrastructure and platform development for our CFD business over the years.
- Our sustainability does not rely on VC funding or crowdfunding.
- At Trading 212 we hold all client funds and assets in accordance with the regulations set out by the FCA and CySEC respectively.
Here is how your funds and assets are further protected according to the entity you’re registered under 👇
If you are registered under Trading 212 UK Ltd.:
Your funds and assets are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). The compensation is for up to £85 000. You can learn more about how the FSCS operates here.
If you are registered under Trading 212 Markets Ltd.:
Your funds and assets are protected by Investors Compensation Fund (ICF) for up to €20,000. You can learn more about how the ICF operates here.
In addition to the ICF, we provide our clients with the free private insurance from Lloyd's of London, giving coverage of up to €1 million.
Note: We do not use any of our clients' funds for our own hedging or margin trading.