The European Union regulation 1008/2008 demands that air carriers with EU operations licence are majority-owned and controlled by EU nationals. As a result, Ryanair Holding PLC should limit the number of shares purchased after 1 January 2021 by non-EU nationals.
- All Ryanair Holding PLC shares purchased before 1 January will not be impacted and shareholders may continue to hold them;
- All Ryanair Holding PLC shares purchased after 1 January 2021 can be sold* at your discretion by 15:30 (GMT+1) 13 July 2021 or else will be sold automatically afterwards.
*You can calculate how many shares should be sold using the formula: (Purchased shares in 2021) - (Sold shares in 2021)
Here is an example:
- If you purchased 100 Ryanair Holding PLC shares after 1 January 2021;
- Afterwards, you have sold 40 Ryanair Holding PLC shares;
- Then, you need to apply the formula: (100 - 40) = 60 => Now the remaining quantity of 60 more shares must be sold up until 13 July 2021
All impacted clients will be notified by email and in-app notification.